Herbal Shikakai Powder
About this Product:
SHIKAKAI (Acacia concinna) has been used traditionally for hair care in the Indian Subcontinent since ancient times. It is one of the Ayurvedic medicinal plants. It is traditionally used as a shampoo. In order to prepare it the fruit pods, leaves and bark of the plant are dried, ground into a powder and then made into a paste. While this traditional shampoo does not produce the normal amount of lather that a sulfate-containing shampoo would, it is considered a good cleanser. It is mild, having a naturally low pH, and doesn’t strip hair of natural oils. Usually no conditioner is needed, for shikakai also acts as a detangler. An infusion of the leaves has been used in anti-dandruff preparations.
Benefits of Shikakai for Hair
- The natural ingredients of shikakai make your hair softer and add a beautiful shine to it.
- The anti-fungal properties of shikakai nourish your scalp and prevent itching and dryness. Used regularly, shikakai can cure dandruff.
- Shikakai strengthens hair roots. The result is stronger and healthier hair, with lesser hair fall.
- Shikakai works its magic on a dry scalp by acting as a natural cleanser without washing away essential oils.
- If you have curly hair, shikakai is a great way to detangle your locks after a shampoo. Gently run your fingers through your hair while rinsing.
Shikakai Hair Pack for Dry Hair
A blend of shikakai and yogurt is excellent for your hair.
Massage in the blend and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
Do this every alternate day and see results within a week.
Add half a cup shikakai and one cup amla powder to a cup of lukewarm water.
Let this sit for 1-2 hours.